Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Teacher Tech Tools in Under Two Minutes-Google Keep


Welcome to my new obsession, Google Keep! My list making talent has always been a joke in my family. There are so many ideas going on in my head, not to mention being a working mom of four. Writing down my "to-dos" is the only way I can rest. Do you ever have trouble sleeping because of all the things you need to remember to do the next day? Or, do you ever have some late night great idea pop into your head that you don't want to forget? When that happens to me, I now grab my phone and get it out of my head and on to a Google Keep list. I can sleep knowing the information will be easily accessible on all of my devices whenever I need it again.

Google Keep allows users to create unlimited lists, color code them, label them, move and organize, and share them with other collaborators. You can add photos, create drawings, and set reminders. You have a variety of note types you can take including, text, audio, or checklist. But, my favorite part is how it works with other applications. Searching online and find something note worthy? Just launch the Google Keep extension and take your notes. Oh but wait, you want to start a Google doc with these notes.  Just, go to "Tools", "Keep Notepad", and drag your content over.

Are you thinking about how useful this could be for students? Besides the obvious time management, to-do lists, and daily habits, they could create bookmarks with the Keep Extension, organize research for projects, create vocabulary or spelling lists, take class notes, organize reading logs, and collaborate with team members.

Below is a quick overview of Google Keep from my Teacher Tech Tools in Under Two Minutes video series.




I am looking forward to starting my learners off next year with this organizational tool, so that they too can learn to love the satisfying feeling of ticking off a task. Are you already using Keep with your learners?  I would love for you to  leave a comment below and share with others.

1 comment:

  1. This is great! Thanks for sharing all the collaborative ways to use Keep!

    ReplyDelete